Monday 14 November 2011

Life


It is 12:12am.  Alone, I am sitting on my couch taking in all that surrounds me. Darkness. The sound of rain. The dim screen light illuminating my face. The flashes of Lightning continue to engulf the darkness as the thunder drowns out Clair de Lune, which has played on repeat five times by now. Davyd Stockman and I talk about why we love those with so many flaws... and how it is those flaws that make someone so perfect in our eyes. We discuss life, like living it will occur some time in the future. In this present moment, our only concern is with what will occur, not what is occurring in front of our very eyes. Another lighting strike. Another repeat of Clair de Lune. More incessant rain. How could life appear so perfect in this single moment, when there is so much stress, concern, unanswered questions and unknown outcomes. It is these moments of clarity that submerge me in a sense of realisation... Whilst everything seems hazy, Life finds a way to show us why we are here. To observe. To listen. And to find beauty even in the darkest of nights.

It is 12.25 am. Alone, I am sitting on my couch taking in all that surrounds me. Darkness. Clair de Lune. The dim screen light illuminating my face... The rain has finally disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment